The company serves the semiconductor and MEMS industry; its customers are in North America, Europe and Asia. Travel to customer sites will be 10-20% of working time in a year.
A Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer is wanted to develop and improve software on their current hardware platforms. Programming is in VisualWorks, plus programming hardware interfacing modules and hardware / software integration.
They want experience in OO and in computer hardware (at least a little networking experience is also desired). Prior knowledge of LabVIEW, Smalltalk and/or .Net is welcome but not essential. The candidate will work in a small team but will also interact with other parts of the company and with customers and suppliers, so good communication skills are desirable.
More information is here and/or here.
- Bloomington, MN – Software Developer II at Rudolph Technologies
- Required Skills:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (Exceptional candidates from other fields will always be considered).
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Excellent object oriented software design and development skills
- Wanted Skills:
- C# and/or .NET Framework
- Experience controlling hardware devices from software
- rich user-interface development
- Experience developing robust multi-threaded applications.
- Real time control experience using VxWorks or other RTOS
- Database design and development
- Semiconductor industry exposure
- SEMI Factory Automation, SECS/GEM
- Experience working in simulated environments.
- San Jose, CA – Controlworks Software Engineer with Smalltalk through InfiCare Technologies
- Required Skills:
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field with solid programming knowledge
- Hands-on experience in C/C++, C#, .Net, COM
- At least 5 years experience in real-time multitasking programming, preferably for large equipment control software in the semiconductor industry
- ControlWORKS SmallTalk framework
- Software development for intelligent devices and their links such as: MFC’s, gate valves, pressure transducers, integrated gasbox, gas panel, safety-critical devices, Ethernet, TCP/IP, RS-232, etc.
- Additional listings:
Fraank Systems, CSI Jobs, CSI Jobs
Updates on 6/20/18: Removed or marked out listings for the position in San Jose, CA.
This blog’s RSS Feed
Telna has a job in Toronto for an experienced Smalltalker.
Telna is a global network operator that focuses on providing “out of the box” connectivity to devices, machines, users and manufacturers. We are changing the way networks operator, by focusing on scalable software-defined networks that can be deployed anywhere in the world in minutes rather than years.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our network team to design and develop the core tools that drive our “Network as a Service” platform. Development experience in smalltalk is mandatory.
This is a unique opportunity that will give the selected candidate(s) the ability to learn about the operations of a mobile network and hands-on experience developing the software systems that form the backbone of our services.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- 4+ years of Smalltalk Development (Pharo preferred )
- Strong understanding of Linux and databases (MongoDB, MySQL)
While a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related is required, relevant experience will be taken into consideration.
Telna welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Smalltalk Development: 4 years (Required)
- Pharo development: 4 years (Preferred)