Engineer 1 year: Pharo IoT platform
Inria RMoD are looking for a full-time engineer for helping with developing Pharo in the context of IoT. The focus of this job is “Pharo on embedded and mobile devices for the internet of things”
With Pharo, we have developed over the last two years an interactive, remote development environment. It allows embedded, headless software running on typical raspberry pi class hardware to be developed and debugged in an interactive way. It allows programmers to explore and change running headless embedded programs from their desktop development machine.
The next step will be to extend this infrastructure to cover the use case of industrial use: Deployment. We want to build a middle-ware to manage, authenticate and script deployed Pharo embedded installations.
The engineer will help to develop the Pharo IoT infrastructure, especially with a focus on industrial use:
• Improve Pharo for a platform with an industrial focus.
• Work on a middleware to manage deployed Pharo instances.
• Realize two small demos: First, as an industrial IoT example, a demo deployed on 20+ devices.
Demo 2: Pharo deployed on multiple mobile autonomous robots.
• Help with creating a website for PharoIOT.
We are looking for a candidate with some prior experience with Pharo.
• Knowledge in Dynamic Languages (Pharo is a plus but not required)
• Experience with embedded development is a plus but not required
Work in a research lab, but no paper writing, no teaching, no administration. In addition:
• Centrally located (one hour from Paris, 1h20 from London, 35 min from Brussels)
• Try a lot of good beer (our office is just 10km from the border to Belgium)
• Program with Pharo all day!
• Lille is an active city but not expensive (lot of students…), centrally located with good connections by train to everywhere (including CDG and Brussels airports).
• Duration: 12 Month
• Starting date: As soon as possible (Spring 2018)
• Salary: 2600-3200 euros brut / month, depending on experience
• Explanation Salary: french brutto = money after social charges (and base health insurance) before income tax, which is max one month income payed
yearly, depending on family situation (can be 0 for a family with kids)
• Location: Lille (no remote job possible))
• Pharo: http://www.pharo.org
• PharoThings: https://github.com/pharo-iot/PharoThings
• INRIA RMOD: http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
• INRIA Lille: http://www.inria.fr/lille
• INRIA in General: http://www.inria.fr
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Permanent Link to this call: https://rmod.inria.fr/web/blog/2017-10-20