Software Development Analyst Zurich Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
The main target is to reach a high system availability, reliability and stability of the Clearing & Settlement systems with Support level 2.
The purpose of the Services Lead is to primarily manage and drive release management activities, continuous service improvement (CIP) and provide technical support solutions to the project.
Within the Services team the focus is on Forex and Money Markets (FXMM) Function of the Investment Bank in collaboration with development teams. It is therefore a basic requirement to have expert understanding of the production environment where the applications run, the technologies utilised and to understand the application workflows.
-Face-off to Client Production Service Managers on Services issues
-Plan and manage FXMM suite of application Release
-Database design and administration
-Achieve Production Readiness for Change Implementation
-Own post release production defects
-Manage application Commission/ Decommission & End-of-Life Activities
-BCP Test planning and co-ordination
-Infrastructure Weekend planning and co-ordination
-Communicate Weekly change calendar and status to stakeholder
-Plan Capacity Management and Availability Management
-Continuous Service Improvements
– Computer Science Degree or similar education with a technical emphasis and which stresses logical thinking / problem solving.
– 3 to 5 years of industry experience in similar role
Essential Technical Expertise:
– Linux, Solaris Operating Systems
– GEMSTONE and Oracle databases
– MQ Messaging system and SmallTalk
Essential Business Expertise:
– Functional knowledge of Operations within large Investment Banks
Major responsibilities of the role include supporting the below mentioned activities under Production services in FXMM area:
– GEMSTONE Database management for various settlement applications for precious metals, money market and clearing systems for Investment Banks
– Running GEMSTONE Database census reports
– Single point of contact for GEMSTONE administration which includes:
1. Design/Development/T¬est/Implementation/S¬upport of GEMSTONE application database objects in the production and pre-production environments.
2. Maintenance and support of the GEMSTONE database including installation and testing of revisions, upgrades, patches for distributed databases
3. Installation and configuration of GEMSTONE monitoring software, tools, utilities
4. Creation and configuration of GEMSTONE database objects.
5. Monitoring, benchmarking and performance tuning of the GEMSTONE database software.
6. Tuning of GEMSTONE application database objects relative to database structure
7. Participating in GEMSTONE application design and code reviews.
8. Provide database capacity planning and trend analysis for key databases resources
9. Provide proper database security controls . i.e. configuring GEMSTONE users, granting of necessary privileges; use of different passwords in test, d
evelopment, and production environments and customizing
10.Writing Smalltalk and TOPAZ scripts for various maintenance activities required for audit purpose, PreProduciton and prod support of GEMSTONE databa
11.Writing SmallTalk scripts for debugging and analysis of settlement systems
12.Migration of applications from Solaris to Linux
13.Installing/creating BO (business objects) on oracle reporting databases of settlement systems of precious metals, money market, FX, Clearing London
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world’s largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-A commitment to diversity and inclusion
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives?
Where teams are constantly curious, and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving
to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com.
At Dell we encourage diversity and welcome applications from all candidates regardless of race, gender, religion and place of origin. Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English.
Life At Dell
Job Requisition Number: 12001FV5
posted by Bruce O’Neel