With the departure of Alan Knight, the Smalltalk teamhere atCincom will need a new manager. Working at Cincom can be quite rewarding, and our Smalltalk tools are among the most important products at the company.
This time around we are looking outside Cincom, and if you have experience with managing a distributed technical team and interacting with a diverse customer base, then you might be a good candidate for the postion.
Yes, balancing the needs of the customers with our geeky need to “get it right”, might seem like herding cats at times, but you will have the opportunity to work with one of the best teams in the industry, and work at a great company. In addition, you would be in a position to help us maintain our leadership in the Smalltalk community, and set the course for the future of Cincom’s Smalltalks.
- Software Development Manager at Cincom
- Required Skills:
- Master’s degree in computer engineering or other appropriate technical discipline
- 10+ years of progressively responsible software development experience, including at least 2 years of applicable corporate software development leadership experience
- Hands-on knowledge of technologies, product development methodologies, and programming languages applicable to Cincom Smalltalk development
- Advanced knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of product development and project management
- Proven ability to lead a team of technical staff members to successfully deliver a software product
- Ability to work effectively with senior management on strategic objectives and long-range plans
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel projects with highly variable scopes
- Outstanding leadership, communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Exceptional competency in responding to customers in a competent and professional manner
- Track record of promoting customer-centric solutions and, by setting an example, to instill a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within a large and diverse development organization
- Wanted Skills:
- Experience with UML (Unified Modeling Language) and/or Agile/SCRUM methods
- Additional listings:
- Required Skills:
Updates on 6/5/12: Added additional listings for the position.
Updates on 1/30/13: – The position has been filled or is no longer available.
I hope we will be working with one of you soon,
James T. Savidge